Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh wow! Where do I start!

This was by far the BEST experience I have had in Second Life to date. My classmate Amy was AUsome :)! It took me a while to get my avatar situated but with Amy's help and when my common sense finally kicked in, I made the box and sat with Amy.

Now, I have been quite skeptical of SL but this gratifying feeling of just feeling accomplished proves to me that gaming can and will most set precedence in education if used properly. After I researched and did the gamification movie, I wasn't completely sold on gaming as a whole. I could agree with the benefits but was unsure of the actual implementation. But as we say in 4H, the students learn most by DOING. Boy oh boy, doing that just gave me so much life and dare I say it, I am proud of myself.

It has been a rough semester for me. And although this may seem farfetched, I came to work this morning thinking I am going to be great today. I feel great. I had a great weekend. I look great. I will do great in all the things I endeavor to do on this day. Even took pics on the way to work and posted them on instagram. Just in an all-around great mood which is rare for me on a Monday. Now who would have thought building a box in a virtual world with my classmate and simply sitting would make me feel  ot just great...but the GREATEST!

I built a box. I sat. I am great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment