Friday, April 12, 2013

Navigating in Second Life (Eagles Island & more)

Boy oh boy! I just spent most my morning in Second Life on Eagle's Island. The controls are sometimes impossible and I did get frustrated. However, it was quite gratifying when I mastered the controls and got my avatar to fly, sit, run, and roam around the island! *light bulb* Soooooo, this has to be the feeling of gratification that I have researched about and even mentioned in my gamification video. Oh the irony right?!

Well, aside from feeling just a bit accomplished here, I am still not #teamSecondLife. I can see the benefits and it is interesting but it I do honestly believe moving around could be made a little easier. Although, I did see where SL is constantly updating, fixing glitches, and improving its current state. That in itself is nice to know.

I think I may need to keep at it. I mean the saying does goes, "Practice makes perfect", or was it "practice in second life is going to drive Jay crazy!" Either one I need to move and learn how to navigate more efficiently. I still have leaves in my hair from hitting that tree!

Below are some pics from adventure on Eagle Island!










No comments:

Post a Comment